Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yesterday and Today






Well, today I got what I asked for. Last night I was in need of some prayer time- opened my Bible and I knew I was going to be reading from Timothy, I just didn’t know what. I found my prayer list from the last Wed. I was at church and saw some verses I had written down on it. It is amazing how in tune with our lives God is. I read 2 Tim 1 and 2. I was reminded to fan into the flame the gift of God, and most importantly- to not be ashamed to testify about our Lord. This hit me pretty hard bc I have been praying earnestly for the people on my trip- and God showed me that I really need to be sharing with them. Read on through 2 I was reminded again that God’s word isn’t chained. Verses 14-16 hit home with me the most. There have been a few girls on the trip that I really don’t like, and my tendency to gossip and get really irritated while talking to them has been making its presence known this week.






“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth”- I haven’t been doing my best as sharing anything with these people, but I have made it known that I am a firm believer in Christ. We have visited A TON of Catholic churches while on this trip. Im going to keep my opinions to myself about them in general- I will say we visited a church the other day where the 1st Christians in the area were and today we visited a Jewish Synagogue. God must have really heard my prayers the night before to tell people about him- because my some of my classmates made comments. Pause that story- and move on to this other one that ties in- today we visited an art museum of a famous sculptor from Croatia who has works in the US and taught at Notre Dame. The museum was FILLED with Christian sculptures and paintings. We saw Job, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Jesus depicted in bronze and wood sculptures. We also saw Adam and Eve carved out of complete trees. It was just what I was needing on this trip- since so many of my classmates know nothing of Jesus. There is a Muslim, a Hindu, a handful of Catholics, one other Baptist and one Methodist that I know of- (The Baptist and Methodist girls and I are really close ).






In overhearing people’s conversations- there is a lot of people who don’t know about Jesus. Today after the museum we also visited this other “hall” the sculptor owned- and I must say it was the highlight of my day. There were 28 pictures depicting Jesus’ life carved into wood- it was beautiful aesthetically and spiritually. God really blessed my heart by having us see these amazing carvings. I got the opportunity to explain to the Hindu girl what some of the pictures were and it was really cool to tell her. Another girl on the trip who is a really awesome person also was asking me about them, just to make sure she had them right. So I did get to share some today- and I even talked to one of the Catholic girls. I talked to her about the differences in the faith, and I hope it made sense. This morning before the museum tours we went to the Diocletian’s Palace. It was certainly huge and enormous for its time, but when I found out Christians were persecuted there, I didn’t like it so much anymore.






We toured the city and got to do some shopping (Faren, Ashley, and Tabby got some goods for ya) and it was just a laid back time before we had to go tour some more. God is hearing my heart to share His word- I even invited my roommate to church- I think she is going to come!! The town we visited was Split- big boating tourist place. Tomorrow is a week before I come home. I can say I haven’t missed work one ounce (sorry!) but I have missed the things that cant be found here in souvenir or grocery stores: my family, my friends, my dog, my Church, my neighbors and their dogs. BUT I am having a great time and eating lots of new foods!!!









2day- we visited bosnia- met some cool ppl our age



shopped around



bosinia is very diff from croatia



have to be short bc place is closing
jumped on a trampoline last night!!






keep praying- so many ppl today i realized dont have personal relationships with Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment