Wednesday, May 13, 2009

6 Lectures

Today was pretty much alllllll day about listening to Public Health people. We had to listen to 6 different people- doctors, deans, surgeons, psychologist, and the Croatian diplomat. We learned a lot about the health of Croatia- and history of what great things came out of the country. One of the founding members of the WHO is from here- but let me just tell you- this man was WAY ahead of his time. He should be called the Father of Health Education because everything he was doing paved the way for my degree. I had never heard of his name before this trip- and that is really sad considering he did SO SO SO much for Public health and prevention strategies and social medicine. Andrija Stampa-look him up. He is now a role model for me in my career. Seriously we were in classes ALL day- we didnt even get a real lunch break. I caught myself sleeping a few times- because I would wake up and my notes would just be scribble in one spot. We learned A LOT- I would say 3 out of the 6 were completely boring. The weather is cool today. No funny stories I dont think. I thought I deleted every picture on my camera last night- and I think I did- because they arent there until you connect the USB- but by the grace of God somehow they were there last night when I tried again amidst my frustration!! So- just be thinking about the people that I am on this trp with. I am pretty sure some Jesus needs to be added to their lives. I had a good talk with another girl today- she is not in church and said "Ive never read the Bible"- pray I can be used by God somehow in these people's lives.

We got our health blog up- nothing added yet, but the site is http://www.healthforalluga.blogspot.com/

Check it later this week. Off for a night out and up early in the am- 3 hr bus ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment