Friday, May 8, 2009

bittersweet ending

Today is Big Day #1 friends. It finally hit me last night as I was packing that what I am about to do is a really big thing, though it may not seem that way to you. Today is a day of really mixed emotions: I am graduating for the 3rd time in my life- this time is by far the most meaningful. I have made some lifelong friends from being in this Master's program and am so proud of our hard work. At times, we all thought the classes and projects we were engaging in were pointless, and some were, but we were creating amazing friendships through it all. Tonight the class of 09 will be the first COLLEGE of...where-ever you are getting your degree(Kinesiology students for me). We are also the First Kinesiology students under the new programs :)

Last night was really emotional too: my last softball game with Westview. We lost, but it was only by 1 run, in the 8th inning. Good luck for the games I will be missing team!!
I started crying as I left the field because my sweet awesome guy teamates all signed a ball for me and gave it to me when I was leaving and they prayed over my trip. I am truly blessed to call my teammates friends. You all know that I am not a big cryer, but it is the simple things that break my heart. I cried when I got home and just laid in the floor with Mowgli. I cried as I continued to pack and cried some more later after some friends left from hanging out. It really sucks to be graduating and not have any time to soak it in or fully comprehend it, but I am graduating none the less. I am still confused over what bags to take. I have too much stuff now as it is and I just keep adding more. I have to figure it out tonight though!!
I also got some more news this am from my mom. Her sister, my Aunt Faye, went to the Dr. and they told her she had had 2 strokes a while back, which is causing her to stutter and literally lose her mind. Please pray for my aunt and my mom as they are dealing with this.

Off to do some last minute work then graduation lunch with some friends, then graduation. Big day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your Masters of Education! I am proud of you, and wish you many blessings on your trip to Croatia. I'll be looking for your blog updates w/ anticipation. Love You!!!

    P.S. That was really sweet of Westview! Glad you've found a great church family. Goooo Northridge :) (I couldn't resist.)

    ReplyDelete