Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What I will be doing across the pond...

So I am pretty sure you will all be wondering what I am going to be doing in Croatia. I wish it was just a 3 week vacation!!!



I am taking 2 classes with UGA over there- HPRB 6000- where myself and 2 other grad students will be making a Croatia blog about the health of the country and HPRB 7160- Special topics: Prevention of Disease in Croatia. This class requires A TON of reading from articles and a book. I also have to read a book by a Croatian author while I am over there as a requirment from GCSU. LAME. We also have to answer questions everyday and keep a journal. So, I think I have a total of 3 papers to write when I get home, read a book, and take my exit exam. I should have already done this, but you know me, wait til the last minute to do EVERYTHING. I just cant focus this week to study for an exit exam!!! I will be in Zagreb, the capital, Osijek, Motovun, Markaska, Brac- and many other places. These are just the cities we will be staying in- so exciting!! We will be meeting with Public Health Officials, going to National Parks, meeting a lot of key people from the country, touring the land, visiting the Croatian/Slovenian border, going to the beach (so pumped :) ) and sightseeing.



Check out the hotels here:

http://www.hoteljadran.com.hr/

www.zug.hr/index.php?lang=en&page=article&section=hoteli&cat_id=97

http://www.hotel-kaste-motovun.hr/

http://www.delfin-tours.hr/



The last one are fun lil apts we get to stay in!!



I keep thinking of things I need to do or pack: shampoo and conditioner and pics!! I am having dilemmas about my carry on luggage- to take or not to take the Vera- that is the question. I know I have to take my bookbag- and I bought this Vera for flying, but I am just unsure if I can have 2 bags!! We will see what my cousin Larry who works for Delta says.



I am going to miss playing Church softball with my boys!! For those of you who don't know, I'm the only girl on the team- and playing with these guys has been the highlight of my spring!! Y'all better do good Westview while I'm gone!!



My time is getting close. 2 full days til GRADUATION. OMG. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment