Sunday, May 10, 2009

Made it!!



I am sitting in my hotel room in Zagreb. WOW is all I can say about the past 2 days of travel. Here is a quick rundown:
Goodbyes were hard with my parents- I cried both times and had mascara running down my face at the airport when my dad said goodbye
Made it through security suuuuppper fast- not even 4 minutes
chilled on the floor in the waiting area and texted friends- got on the plane at 320ish- had a window seat and then no one beside me :)
I think I have found the one place I can not sleep- international flights!!! We had AWFUL turbulence- the first time I went to use the bathroom- the plance decided that would be the perfect time to go back and forth and shake vibrantly- I was holding on to the handle bar for dear life it seemed. Between getting woke up to eat and turbulence, I didnt get any sleep. I played with my ipod the whole time and froze, but the food was great and the flight was long but not bad at all.
I got to see the sunrise before Europe did- really I saw it twice if you can undeerstand that. I saw the most beautiful glow coming over Europe- blue and orange- then we were getting ready to land and dove under the clouds and got to see the light I had just seen appear here. Europe was beautiful to watch waking up- a soft orange glow over the land.
We landed and I met up with 3 other UGA girls and a faculty member and we chilled in Paris for 4 hrs. Then we hopped on a baby plane- maybe 40 people were on it and we had a great short flight to Croatia.
hopped in a taxi w the teacher and made it to the hotel
met my sweet roommate- her name is Elizabeth and our hotel room is about HALF the size of my living room- Im not joking. Super tiny
Dinner with the group and now ab 2 do homework
Great here so far!! Touring a university tomorrow and meeting faculty- ps there is a strike going on about the students wanting FREE education from k-grad school- so we will see how that goes! Im 6 hrs ahead- Croatia is interesting so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment