Friday, April 27, 2012

Comeback Kid- For real

Last night was our second softball game. We played a lot better and everyone batted much better. Including myself. We beat the Methodist 22-11. I went 2 hits, 2 walks, and a fly out, but it looked like it was hit hard so I will take it. It is much easier to hit well when the rest of your team hits well also. We batted around in the 1st inning. The first inning- it was awesome scoring 13 runs and we had only been in the dugout one time! 

I also learned it is much easier to play when you go up there and just either A) listen to what the coach just taught you or B) Go up there focused and ready to hit. Apparently I have been stepping up to the plate thinking about too much. My life- all the crap that has been going on it and the frustrations of it. The inability to perform under pressure. The liability I bring instead of assests. The struggles from deep within. The moment of wishful thinking. The fleeting second of past memories of how last season was.

All of this makes for bad batting. Clear mind and the willpower to hit. That is all I need. And it worked- with no encouragement from the "formers". I did that. God answered my prayer earlier to just let me hit and play to the best of my ability.

I got the "player" award after the game. A simple token from our coach acknowledging either Most Improved, Best Player, etc. He called me the comeback kid. Little did he know I had just written about refusing to accept setbacks. God works- even in my personal struggles with slow pitch church league softball. Thank you for the blessings and the lessons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment