Monday, April 23, 2012

Bucket List 4 & 5

Two in one day. That is always a plus.

-Got to a Spring Festival: I went to the Dogwood Festival in Atlanta. Piedmont Park is really pretty. The festival was really kind of lame. I love art, but who brings $500+ to a park? In cash. Too much of stuff I would never buy. Just really different items and paintings. Some of them were really boring, and some of them- I know I have seen my cousins make prettier pictures that what they were selling.

It was nice to visit though.

I hiked a State Park not on the list for right now because I decided to change out one. Sweetwater Creek State Park. Should be called "Atlanta's hidden gem". A few miles past Six Flags sits this HUGE state park. No skyscrappers. No marta. No traffic. Not much noise. And the complete essence of bliss in nature. There are lots of shoals and the peaceful enviroment by the creek is amazing. Really good trails that have been maintained. I did fall on a large rock and have a nasty cut/bruise/scrape on my leg, but the views were worth it. I highly recommend you visit here. You won't be disappointed. And the park was super ecofriendly in their buildings for the office and bathrooms. They recyle everything. And I mean everything.

So, a few down, a whole lot more to do in the month of May. I hope I can at least get to 2-3 more parks before June.

No comments:

Post a Comment