Thursday, March 22, 2012

Preparation

Hm.. I would like to say I am prepared most of the time. I started packing last night for my upcoming trip which is Sunday- and realized I needed a few things before I could zip it shut. I've gotten 2 new swim suits, 2 new pair of shades, and some cute tops but still need some new sun dresses, some new tanks, and some cute shoes. Need want yeah yeah.
And spent $70 on some spa prep and I'm getting a pedicure tomorrow. Yes, this is real prep, because I have to look good friends. It is just part of the package- and the price has since gone up a few $$$ since the last time I prepped! But, I won't complain. That $$ is WELL worth what I had done!
  
Preparation. I gave Chris "the blue book" last night and had already written out the next week's College Class lesson so he didn't have to scramble for one. The blue book is my church book. Everything you I need to know is in there. It is how I function with my class, WMU, and prayer needs. Whoops. I totally just realized that my prayers are in that book. Read them if you want, your name is mentioned quite a lot, probably you can't read it because of a tear stain.

Preparation. I read The Hunger Games in 2 days this week to prepare for the movie. My Fandango ticket was purchased last night. Tonight I will be up til 3 am- don't mind if I do have to be at work at 8.

Preparation. Last night I made tofu tacos and it only took 10 minutes. I like that kind of preparation. Vegan week is rolling on. I can only eat so much peanut butter though. I have learned that I have been eating more than my "new" normal, and it is showing. I have gained back some weight and just want to scream because I didn't want this to happen. Next week this time I will be in a bikini. Yuck. I have some serious preparation to do between now and then.

I have also been asked to be photographed for a makeup artist in the ATL- can we say body prep together? Yuck again. I hate everything about me right now. My stomach was well on its way to being awesome and my whole body looked better, but now I am stuck in an "Ihateeverythingaboutme" mode.
I was going to tan (spray) today- but that will have to wait until tomorrow because I have to kill it in my workout tonight since Wednesdays are my light days. Just a walk with Mowgli for 35 minutes and then some abs and core work. Today though- will be my trip preparation.

Planners tend to be prepared, but what I have learned lately is that you can never prepare to the full extent. Something is always going to throw a wrench in there. Something is going to turn out differently. Something will fall apart. Something will come together in a least expected way. So, as I write type these words coming from my head, I am reminded of the things that I don't prepare for, but I should without a shadow of doubt.

I haven't been preparing my days with prayer and communion with the Lord. I haven't been preparing myself for the divine appointments that I know God has set in place. I haven't prepared my heart to be filled with compassion to "the least of these" as I spoke about that in class last night. I haven't prepared my future by laying my requests at the feet of God and asking for his direction. I honestly haven't prepared anything, but my menial and trivial wants and selfishness.

Have you been preparing for things of you and not eternal things? I am reminded of a woman from the Bible who thought preparation was where her mindset should be.

Luke 10:38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”



41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Yup- I am totally Martha. In a "brady bunch voice- Martha Martha Martha". The Lord said few things are needed, no wait just one. And hey, oh yeah I am it! As you make preparations this week, remind yourself to make eternal preparations while you have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment