Friday, October 19, 2012

Some Things Never Change

I have just spent the last 2 hours...roughly.. looking at all of my tagged photos on Facebook. HOLY GEEZE. Are you kidding me? No wonder I never got asked out. Gross. Here is a list of things that haven't changed at all- over the course of many years...

  1. If I don't have a tan- I look really scary gross. My gosh- like for real I didnt know it was that bad- but it is. Thankfully- I have access to spray tans now!
  2. I will never ever ever cut my hair above my shoulder blades EVER again. Ohh. Fat cheeks and short hair don't mix.
  3. Blonde is not my best look. Eeek.
  4. One of three things is going to mess up my pictures: my eyes, my neck, or my posture in general. My eyes are always squinted ( I guess because my smile is SO freaking large), me neck is always bent at the wrong angle- and clearly I dont know how to stand up or sit down in pics.
  5. My smile is always huge- sometimes too big. Scary big. I knew I had big teeth- but my gums are just huge. 
  6. I am pretty dramatic in most of my action shots- like overly dramatic.
Its hard to believe Facebook was invented in my day. Spring of 2005. I will never forget it. UGA got it before us and there were rumors going around that thing new website was so awesome it was making students skip class. What kind of website is this we thought? We finally got it- about a month later- and I can tell you I never skipped class- but I dang sure spent HOURS on this site adding errrybody and they brother. Joining every group possible. It was madness. 

I have changed so much. My weight has changed the most- good grief. Yikes- that workout plan has to be stepped up so I don't go back to where I have been.I can't believe the girl in these pictures is who I was so long ago. 

I am reminded that when I look back on these memories- my heart is full of joy. It doesnt matter how pasty white you might be- it doesnt matter that your smile blocks out everyone else in the picture- it certainly doesnt matter what length my hair is- and most importantly it doesnt matter what clothes were in style (because I am convinced I had the worst style in college and right when I got my job)- what matters is who you surround yourself with. I have untagged many a photo- from the all endearing photos of me and exes- from the photos that are really really awful- to the ones that no one really needs to see. Memories. 

I am grateful for seasons. I have written about this before - but I am grateful to look back on my seasons and be reminded that some things don't have to change. 




No comments:

Post a Comment