Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Short List

I just wanted to make a short post before I treck off for work later. I have accomplished a lot of things on my bucket list so far, but have a TON left to do before Friday. We will see how much I can get done in 2 days. Update on life:

It is ok. It could be a lot better or worse, but for the moment it is ok. I am still unsure as to where I will live, so that needs to pick up the pace from a stroll to a trot.

I am having a hard time with accepting things the way they are. It is so hard to not run away or to just wish for something more. I read this verse today and I hope I can make it real to me.

Hebrews 13:5-6 Dont fall in love with money. Be satisfied with what you have. The Lord has promised that he will not leave us or desert us. (Contemporary English Version)

Be satisfied with what you have. This is a hard lesson for me to learn, because I ALWAYS want new something. New shoes, new clothes, new decorations- new new new. I want the best life. I want the best in everything. Be satisfied. Be content with what you have. I know I have a closet full of clothes. I have just as many shoes. I need to learn the value of waiting with my money and saving for something really worth investing in.

Aside from material things- God teach me to be content with what you have given me. It is so hard, but direct my eyes to you and things of you. Steer me away from the new. From the different. From the "greener side". Put my focus on you and teach me what it really means to be content. Teach me to see what I really have.

No comments:

Post a Comment