Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Heavy Heart

3 posts in one day- I know. I swear I save it all up and then release the Kracken- but I just felt this needed to be shared.

I just sat at my desk, with my head bowed and my eyes streaming with tears. I read a lot of other blogs- and I just had to post to you some specific prayer requests. One other person's blog talked about storming the throne to plead prayers for a family. That made me have a real vision of that that really looks like when people pray. Hundreds, if not thousands of people on their knees- or in their desk chairs- or in the car- praying for God's mercy to be shown.

There are a lot of people going through a lot of hard things right now, and it makes my little misery seem like a tack when compared to these huge needles sucking the life out of my friends- and some people I don't even know.

I ask you to pray specifically for these people and the hurts in their lives. Storm the throne- not to overtake it, but to overwhelm it with God's people calling out for Him and his direction and grace.

1. A sweet friend of mine from Grad School and her husband is my coworker have a 2 year old recently (2 days ago) diagnosed with lukemia. They get the results back of what kind of lukemia it is today. Pray for God to be in control- even when this family feels like they are in a bad place. Pray that it can be treated and this sweet baby will be able to continue life.
2. A cute little special needs 2 year old child had some surgery Monday. She came through well, but is still at the hospital. Pray for this family- I have never met them, I just follow blogs of a person I do know linked to them. There are 4 other kids and I am sure this is just really a hard time for this family.
3. Pray against the lies Satan tells us. Too many times we believe them and start living them. I pray this for you- that where ever you are today, that you will not give in. I have given in too many times this year- and he shouldn't be getting that glory. Pray for resolution with Christ- and that you choose to be different today.
4. Pray for the ability to let go and let God. I struggle with this- and there are some major things I need to let go of. I don't know how. I don't want to let them go. I just know that it is only hurting me to hold on to them. Pray I find the way to do this. 


Know that I am praying for you if you read this. I don't often do well with my words in print or spoken, but I do know that my heart is most content when I am praying to my Creator. I pray for your peace, your sanctification, and your realization that even when we mess up our human words, God is still there to intervene and speak spritual words over us, in us, and through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment