Thursday, May 24, 2012

Whirlwind. Avalanche. Traffic Wreck.

This is where I am today. If I had to sum up the past week's life events in one word- it would be one of those three. I just can't decide which.

A lot has gone on, but I am remaining in the quiet, so I guess you will just have to sit here with me until I want to reveal the latest life has been throwing at me.

It is so strange to me- how I can literally be in an emotional dessert for weeks, surviving on tears and the thin line of hope, and then an unexplainable gust of LIFE is thrown in my face and I have to army crawl my way through. I haven't made it out yet, I know that for sure.

Some would say it is opportunities. Others might say it is what I asked for. Even still, someone might say that good old lemonade line. Can't I just throw the lemons back? Really? I picture this scene of life like that 90s show American Gladiator- the final stage when they have to dodge the tennis balls being shot out of a humongous cannon by a body builder who could curl me with one arm. Life is the equivalent of "Storm" or "Nitro", my favorite, pelting you with tennis balls. Life tries to nail you right square in the head with something to knock you off your feet a while. And as these contestants tried their absolute best to move to the next station and fire back- you could either see 1 of 2 things in their eyes: Determination to beat the Gladiators or Defeat knowing they couldn't beat such a "monster" of a person.

I am not used to life being this way- with everything going crappy one month, then the next being at an absolute standstill like an old 25cent horse machine that won't move regardless of how many coins you put in. Then, out of no where, comes everything and their brother for you to have to deal with. It is overwelming. It is too much for me right now. I don't want to touch it, because I know I will mess up this chaos even more.

I don't know why it all had to come within the same week of each other: life changing decisions, mindsets, and hardships, but I know they are here, and they have yet to have their way with me I fear. I know it is only going to get worse. The snowball is getting bigger with every second of every passing day.

But, and I did say but, I am thankful that I serve the Creator of the lemonade stand. Though sometimes my life is a little more bitter than I would have liked, I know that it is making me in to the person that God wants me to be. I also know the sweeter times sprinkled with an extra teaspoon of sugar are not as sweet if I don't praise the Lord for the bitter times that got me to the sweet. So, as I turn to take in my lemonade for now, I stand confident that the Lemonade Maker is working on his recipe of life for me- and only he can perfect it- give and take away- and make it right for where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment