Monday, February 25, 2013

The patience of testing

Frustration with a lot of things lately has made me keep my mouth shut and bottle some things up.

People. Places. Things. People again. Life in general. Working out. The norm- but different. 

Sometimes I know I have to go through these situations so I will get it out to God- and not on my own. I don't do that enough. 

My 13 goals that I made? Well- I am almost done with one book- I have walked my dogs 2 times (total), I haven't turned on my sewing machine, I complain about life more, and I sure haven't been in the Word or praying about it like I wanted. So- not going so well for 2013.

I don't see it as a failure- but I see it as a reminder that I need to try harder. 

My patience gets tested a lot working with students. It ain't always cornbread and ketchup. (it should be noted that my momma's fried cornbread and ketchup is a for real top 10 of my favorite foods)

I have so much work to do on myself. Taming of my tongue and the presentation of a calm spirit. Though my goals I made are important to me- I think I have to take a step back on truly work on myself as a person. 

Patience is a hard step to master. I want that calm gentle spirit. I want that discerning reason. I want to be the peace that I know I can be.

Mess-ups hurt and lack of patience can bring about more pain as well. Sometimes  my boldness does me a disservice rather than help me out. 

My heart just needed a lesson in being gentle and kind- and God sent it at the perfect time through some students who truly made my blood boil. 

This too shall pass and this testing will produce character, perseverance, and the opportunity to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment