Thursday, February 14, 2013

A little bit of love

Today is the day. THE day. The day to show someone how much you love them. To some it is cheeeeesy and to others- it is the highlight of their year to see what their significant other is getting them.

Kevin and I made an agreement to keep it simple this year. I got him 2 new remote control helicopters- and he got me a gun. And an engagement ring.
Clearly I need to shape up to be in contest with him!! :(


I am reminded every year how this year can be SO awesome for some people- and SO terrible for others. Shout out to all my singles out there- Just go get you your own present and spend some money on something you want. Retail therapy is always the best medicine!

Every year I get flowers from my Momma for 2 holidays: my birthday and Valentine's day. I have been getting them since I was in grade school- and that is a long time people! That is my highlight.

I am reminded today of all the things that I have grown to love- I thought I would share them with you. Some are funny- some are sweet- and well- some are just silly- to you.

Enjoy- and what would be on your love list?
In no particular order:

  • Mt. Olive pickles- not the brand Kevin likes that smells yuck
  • Talks with my Deddy about how to do stuff
  • sweet kisses from my dogs- but only when I ask for them- bc they breath be rank.
  • When students I have worked with still communicate with me- and ask for my advice
  • Sugar Free Vanilla Jello Pudding in the cup
  • Being able to text a select handlful of friends that I don't see often and we pick right back up where we left off
  • Flowers from my momma- every year.
  • Sleeping past 9am
  • Making something people think is pretty
  • Not having to wash my hair everyday. Can I get an amen?
  • Mint green. Seafoam Green. Teal.- be still my heart.
  • Peanut butter m&ms. I dont want any other kind.
  • Sour patch kids.
  • Gummi worms, bears, and whatever else gummy candies.
  • My horseshoe necklace I got in memory of my sweet Winnie.
  • Flossing my teeth. Everyday. I make my dentist's job easy.
  • Peeptoe any shoes
  • Homemade labels
  • a really old pair of gray sweat pants that Kevin calls my doo-doo sag pants because they are rather large
  • New reclining loveseat
  • Fuzzy socks to lounge and sleep in
  • Vera Bradley
  • fake jewelry
  • My engagement ring- it was seriously created for me
  • Old school popsicles- blue green and pink please
  • trips to Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Joann- My version of heaven looks like this
  • I am a sucker for a Kids meal
  • My momma's biscuits with her homemade frozen strawberry jelly
  • and last but not least- Kevin Paul Pope. He is what I love most. After Jesus. It should be noted that Mowgli has been demoted to 3rd place- so this is a big deal.

That is the love list right now. Clearly I am a FATTY at heart. Oh well.  Happy Valentine's Day y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment