Friday, January 25, 2013

The world as it is today

Sometimes my head is really full of ideas. Sometimes- it is as empty as a Wal-Mart parking lot on Christmas morning. I can't decide what today is.

I have a lot of things to think about- but none I am overly excited to put into action. So, I sit here and wait for inspiration. And wait.  

How I dream to be a blogger/writer who is read from beyond my state lines. How I wish that I could make an impact on someones life from giving them advice. How I wish the Pinterest world would blow up (positively)  because of something I wrote.

These are just mere dreams though. In writing my blog, I have come to realize a few things.... There is always gonna be haters.- I would be lying if I said I didn't take a hiatus from here because of the drama I had to deal with about writing. Some people are just really mean. And ugly. And let me let you in on a little secret- God don't like ugly. He probably doesn't like bad grammar either. Oops...And to not lower my standard to that level, I chose to remain in the quiet.

Haters are a good thing to have around. It just fuels the fire for you to remain steadfast in your hopes and goals. Use your haters as motivators- (even if that does sound like it came straight out the hood).

Maybe the things I write about don't knock your socks off- and I am perfectly fine with that. Because of this reason: I don't write to impress you with words or stories- I write  because I want remember these points of enlightenment, frustration, happiness, and heartaches.  Maybe you think all of my posts are lame, and you might be correct about some (hindsight is 20-20), but I am ok with that.

I find myself wanting perfection so many times in life. And I am pretty sure I haven't hit that mark, ever. Not in 28 years on earth. Not in 6 years at my job. Not ever in any relationship that I have ever had- whether that be through my pets, friends, family, boyfriends, etc. I have to be reminded a lot- from my parents and my boss- that it isn't always going to be a pretty road, but I shouldn't give up from a setback. So even though I want to be selfish and have tons of followers, I know that sometimes that isn't a reality. This blog by no means is perfect- but thankfully I am not either.

Character is not defined by a moment. It is what you choose to do in those moments that show your true character. You can't do anything about the haters, but you can make yourself better. That mistake or messup is not the end. Trust me, ohh I am poster child of this. Find what you love- and go get your dreams.

So if you are here and reading this, thanks- it truly means a lot. Maybe one day I will write something you can identify with- or understand. Come back soon.

Thanks- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment