Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Triscuits & chips

If you read the previous post, you know I was very blessed to be able to travel to 2 states, hit up the beach, look over a campus, see some amazing animals, and breathe the same air as greatness, all in the same week. As I sat riding to all of these places, I realized how blessed I was at the moment. Blessed to have a car to get me from point A-B- Z wherever. Blessed to have money to get a new suit to interview. Blessed to have so much "stuff" that I sold it and made $110 for my trips. Blessed to be able to have a job that allows for me to get off early in the summer- and take a short vacay at the beginning of the week. Blessed to be able to have friends who let you come stay with them in order for you to save money. Blessed to be able to buy foods to take into the games to not have to spend so much. Blessed that when things go wrong, you don't over react, you just deal with it and not let it ruin the fun of your day. Blessed to be able to know that I have a job when I get back from these trips. Blessed to know that I am able to do all of the things that I did that didn't get mentioned- all the shopping and dining and plain spending time with people I care about.

At the end of the week, I would be foolish not to thank God for providing me with all of these blessings this week. From protecting me on the drive to Tuscaloosa, and being missed by a car barrel rolling at me on the interstate from a wreck, to giving me peace about going on my HHI trip instead of looking at houses (when I still dont know where I am living), to allowing me to have some precious time with friends that I dont get to see often, to showing me to not get mad when turns were missed or something cost a lot to park, and giving me the opportunity to do so much in one week, that a lot won't ever do in their lifetime. I realize that God was blessing me, I am so grateful that he makes us new and gives us joy, even in the times when we feel like he won't or that everyone else is enjoying life and I am not.

Monday- A wrong turn was made on the interstate and it left me in an unfamiliar area with a person at the window asking for stuff. She showed her recent stay in Dekalb county jail arm band and said she had no ill intentions- and was just looking for some food or clothes for her and her kids because she was homeless. As I sat with my head thinking the worst of this person, and then my heart brought me back to reality. She said she was hungry- so since I pack everything for trips- I reached in the back and passed an unopened box of triscuits and bag of chips through to the window. (the chips were a free blessing from panera a few days before, it pays to pay it forward). She was truly grateful for someone just acknowledging her. As I sit here and recap all the 1000+ miles I ventured out on this week, I am reminded to be Christ to the least of these. God gave me a lot of blessings this week, and I need to share that with others. I hope you will choose to give up your Triscuits and chips just to see a smile on someone, even if they are missing some teeth. They are precious in His sight. Pay it forward, because blessings, unlike karma, have good intentions. Karma: what goes around comes around; blessings- what you do for others will come back to you in ways you can't imagine, and only for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment