Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Road.. Travelled

Wow. I can finally take a break. The past week has been one of lots of mini trips. I haven't blogged since my class reunion- so I apologize for that. I have recently caught a lazy bug and don't know how to get rid of it. This bug has affected my workouts (don't get me started at how bad it is now), my diet (lack there of) and my motivation for anything in life (it is nonexistent!). So, here is a small (well, I am sure it will be long after I finish) recap of the past week's events in my life. Sorry, I can't get the pics to line up.

I had the awesome privilege of interviewing at the University of Alabama last Wednesday. I was in Tuscaloosa from Tuesday night until Wednesday afternoon. It is for a Health Educator Assistant Director position dealing specifically with mental health and financial health. The food, people, and the campus were awesome. I had a great trip and thank them a whole lot for their hospitality. As far as the job goes- I am still unsure. Change would be good, but change would be hard. If you want to pray about direction for me, that would be great. Here are a few pictures from around campus. They are as follows: Hotel Capstone, Denny Chimes, restaurant they took me to on the river, campus buildings, awkward sculpture, the Quad, and the National Championship trophy.


 

Thursday was our last softball game. We lost, and it sucked. I am mixed about how I feel about the season being over. I love softball and have a lot of fun, when I play good, but it will be nice and weird to have my Tuesdays and Thursdays back. Not sure what I will do with my time, but losing this lovely amount of fat I have aquired is one of the things.

Friday, I headed up to Hilton Head Island (if you are reading this Josh, sorry I didn't visit, pressed for time and rushed) to visit my girl Alicea. She was one of my roommates from studying abroad and she is an amazing friend to me. We hung out Friday & Saturday and it was fun. Trip advice: Roundabouts in HHI SUCK. Do Eat at Roastfish and Cornbread. Don't waste your $ @ Hudson's. Do take a crab killer- shoes whatever. These little black crabs were all over the beach. And like bright colored towels!






 
1st view of Jeter, 27 is who I got the ball from
This close. WHAT!?
Monday and Tuesday I took a few days vacation to head up to the ATL to see the yankees play. Do you know how big of a deal this is? The Yankees. In Atlanta. It was awesome seeing players I have followed for a longtime WITHIN 10 FEET of me. Highlights of the 2 days of games: Caught a free shirt, Jeter was literally right in front of me, CAUGHT 2 balls thrown intentionally to me, one from David Ross (catcher, Braves) who told me thanks for sitting on the front row :), and one from Rual Ibanez, Yankees Outfielder who had hit a home run Monday night :), having Coach Eddie Perez speak to me and ask me how my day was, being on tv for a serious foul ball, and watching A-rod hit a GRAND SLAM Tuesday night. I had just said- it is either going to be a double play or a grand slam- and it was an awesome slam!! Really cool to witness that. I also went to the Aquarium and the Titanic exhibit- which you should really do if you like history at all. It was really neat/interesting/sad all at the same time to see personal belongings of people and hear the stories of what happened that night.
Andruw Jones back on his stomping grounds

No comments:

Post a Comment