Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Friday Gotta get down on Friday

So here I sit. Waiting at my desk to go out and shake hands with eager freshman and parents who are sending their babies away in the fall. Orientation is probably one of my favorite and least favorite days. I LOVE meeting all the new students and telling parents how we take care of their kids, but I absolutly dread setting up for it. Student Health has a LOT of stuff to give away!

I have my big license plate nametag on- that clearly says my title on it, Health Educator (which is technically wrong, it's University H E) but I will get asked at least 5 times today if I am a student- or if I am a nurse. It reads in white writing on a green background: MED, which is suppose to read M.Ed., but whatever, so much for higher education and then CHES. No where does it say RN, PhD or anything else. But I guarantee I will get asked if I am a nurse. Nope, I am not that smart and I am the prevention side of health.

Orientation is always a tease. The food is ALWAYS the best it will ever be at any given time during the year on this day. We have to show off for the parents so they feel good about the meal plan they are having to pay $10k for. I have no idea if it costs that much, but I do know it costs a lot!

But some part of my loves seeing the students excitement. I remember that excitment and nervousness as well. It was hot as balls hell  it was hot when I came to Orientation in July of 2002, hoping today won't be like that. I do have my swollen eye to contend with though, from the biggest hornet ever stinging me last night. I am not as Sloth-looking as I thought I would be, but I can see the swelling out of the bottom part of my eye. I looked in the mirror this morning and my right eye was more swollen than the stung eye, I guess from being tired. Either way- my face hurts!

There are a lot crapton of things on my mind right now and I would ask for prayers for all of them, the major ones are:

- My cousins on my dad's side lost their brother unexpectantly last night from some heart and breathing complications. They had to burry their sister less than eight months ago from an unexpected death as well. Both of these people leave behind a family and kids. I can't imagine the pain they are going through right now, and know that they must feel that God has it out for them and feel completely lost and abandoned. Please pray for the families and that God will provide deliverance, strength, and peace.

- I have 15 days until I have to move out. Fifeteen. Days. What? I havent even started packing yet. Still pretty unsure where I am going, have a few options out of town, but I am not sure how I really feel about them. I would be living rent free at home or at this other place, but both are pretty far out. So- pray for a house or an apartment to come up.

- That I get things in order for my daily schedule. I need to be more diligent in working out, eating clean, praying and spending my time wisely.

- That God will reveal his plans for me about direction and placement for my life. Right now, I feel like I am shooting in the dark. I need some kind of direction and some kind of understanding.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment