Monday, January 13, 2014

It just takes one

Just one bad thing to ruin your day. Whether that be your hair not cooperating- your closet not bearing anything worthy of being worn- or the sight of someone you don't want to see- it only takes one.

As a girl- I can say we have a lot more "one" days than guys. Makeup, shoes, the whole getting ready process- the shopping process- you get my drift. My husband is making his own gun and when his drill bit became consumed in whatever he was drilling- he was mad but he didn't dwell on it. When he broke something of some kind of ring for the gun- he got upset- but didn't stay there. 

Not me. I am not like that- but I wish I was. That one thing then turns into a million for me and I just let it eat me up. The whole day is a waste. Why do we get so frustrated? Well, maybe you  don't- but I sure do. 

A long time ago someone (jokingly) said Hezekiah 4:7 says "Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape". A good virtue- but not an easy task. 

"I can't win for losing" "If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all" "Everything and everyone is out to get me" "Could this day get any worse"- I have said these words to myself many many times. Over pointless things. (well at the time they do not seem pointless, but when I tell someone else, that's when I realize how worked up I have gotten over something small).

I was really frustrated today about something that was out of my control- but created a  REALLY awkward position for me to be in. Social media I swear is going to be the death of me. Get in trouble for this. Get in trouble for that. Don't you dare make a comment here- and don't you dare have a picture here- or there. Grief. 

Today on my way home to lunch I was reminded of how much God blesses me. I heard this song from Dave Barnes- I had never heard it before- and I just had to stop. Stop and really think about where I am and why I am frustrated.


After I got home, I reminded myself of the words my husband (he is so much calmer and discerning than me) told me earlier- and I just paused and thanked God for the blessings. Kevin said "Look at your left hand". Hmmm. That is enough for today. "Do my best to change what I can- I've got more than I ever thought I would". 

I hope you too on this Monday find the "good" in your life. It only takes one good thing to far outweigh that one bad thing. Listen to this song when you are down- and know that God is still in the business of blessing and I am praying for you. 

-Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment