Monday, January 6, 2014

A new start-and goodbye to the end.

2014 has come upon me a lot quicker than I anticipated.

Let's cut to the chase. Here are the things we will be leaving behind from 2013- that I, we, will not bring in to 2014. No way no how- not now. (A little Dr. Seuss for you on this arctic chill day).

D-R-A-M-A  drama- oh oh- you got that way because of your si..and just like that we leave it there. Team Pope has vowed to not let the last 2 months of 2013 hell carry over into the rest of our lives. One side of the coin is much better than before, praise the Lord!- but the other side- well, we are just leaving it flipped over and not worrying about it any more. Leaving the Jerry Springer episode to be continued (but in my mind- honey the show has been canceled and we movin' on up).

Negativity. You and all you bring have no place or welcome in our home or mouths or lives. Holla.

Pointless investments. We don't have the time, effort, or desire to engage in things that are not worthwhile. Bring on the real stuff, because  we ready...we ready..we ready for yall. (if you don't get that music throw back, I am getting really old).

The daily comparisons. You are out like power in a snow storm. We will take what we have been given and rejoice in it- and not woe is me ourselves when we look at what our friends have been blessed with. 

Now- on to what we hope for and are excited about in 2014. 2013 was incredibly good to us, despite our family feuds, so I can't fault it too much.

We look forward to White Cosby's 70th birthday in February- Kevin's 30th in May- and mine (oh. em. gee.) in August. Thank you Lord for a late summer birthday, so I can hold on to 29 8 more months! We will celebrate 1 year or marriage in April- that is crazy we are at the 8 month mark. Time flies when you marry the man of your dreams.

Kevin will take a big test soon for work and we are hoping for good results. He is pretty smart, so I think he will do fine. 

My mom will get a much needed knee replacement and we are praying this goes well and that it is a huge help to her. You can join us if you like. 

My sweet Jackson- the oldest of the elite 8- will be 13. I think I am going to cry. 

We hope to establish some sort of ministry with friends in the coming months. My heart is heavy laden to use our house for good, and my husband gives me his full support. 

We plan to enjoy every moment we can together. Lately we have gotten really good at watching movies and hanging out. I'm not complaining. 

I see our spiritual lives getting stronger- because of the deep desires we both have to be the best we can be for our other half and to serve the Lord. It is an amazing thing to hear your husband pray- even when you dont have the will or the words. It also makes my heart smile to know that my husband's relationship with the Lord is much stronger than the relationship we have. 

We will try new things, take in the view, and be ever mindful that that Lord has been good to us. We will listen more, pray harder, and be in the moment. We will allow God to be the potter and we will be the clay. 

I hope to make some meaningful investments in people this year. I had the privilege to work with the youth for the past 7 months and we pray for new relationships for this year. 

So there it is. A different approach to a new year. Positivity and a whole lotta prayer. Although weight loss and fitness would be nice (cause let me tell you...married life looks gooood on me. A little too good if you know what I mean.) 

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned. Mondays will be blog days. I really am committed to see this thing through this year. Keep coming back. I just might do a giveaway soon. :)



- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment