Monday, December 16, 2013

2013 in review

So last year I made a big 13 point goal list. You can read about it here. 2013 goals

Let's just say I didn't quite reach most of these goals. I did read a few books- not 13- but my textbooks count as 2 apiece- so that's 4, then I read Beyond the Badge. I started another...but haven't finished it. Oh- I also read American Sniper.

I do pray for my husband a lot. A whole lot. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. 

Dog walking. Ha. Those poor babies need some walks. 

Out of 13 places. I went to: Hilton Head, Miami, Honduras, Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Boston, Savannah, Statesboro, Tybee, Atlanta, Macon, Lyons, Griffin. Some old- some new. 14. Check. 

Let's look back at our year in review- the things we did do:

January- Purchased the (absolute dreamed up in my head) wedding dress with my mom

February- I think we went out the night before valentines- and just stayed at home for the love day..but I don't remember. 

March- Had the time of our lives on our bachelor and bachelorette parties- I went to Hilton Head with my girls and Kevin took over ATL. 

April-Something happened this month- but I can't put my finger on it. OH that's right- The New Pope was crowned! Me. We had the most awesome wedding with the most perfect weather and the best of friends there to watch us become united. We took a trip of a lifetime and went on the best vacation cruise ever. Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, and Grand Cayman.












May- The Mr. celebrated his first birthday married (and first birthday with me). Cirque de Soleil was a great gift! As a late present I flew him to Boston for a week and let him have a great time while I was at a conference. We also got to meet up with my host family from Connecticut and have a fabulous Italian dinner with them. 


June & July- we played on the lake as much as we could. My husband tried to teach me how to wakeboard- but it isn't for me. We didn't go to the ER this year- so I count that as a plus. We did bust one tube (well the youth did), but I think they had a blast. We also learned that Papa Pope is a maniac when he drives the boat. It is scarily awesome! We did make a trek to Six Flags with the youth and had a great time. 

August- 29 came for me with a 2nd Annual trip to the beach. My parents and my in-laws (and all of our dogs) rented a condo in Tybee to bring it in. Oh- and I started school at Georgia Southern to take some classes- to determine if I want to pursue a higher degree. We got a free trip to Savannah for work and had a good time hanging out with some of Kevin's old Nighthawk buddies. 

September- Georgia Southern Football game. 

October- We took our annual Halloween picture...And went to a UGA game thanks to some friends. 


November- Kevin got his first buck! 8 pointer. We hosted Thanksgiving for my parents, my aunt, and 2 cousins at our house. I made everything but the turkey and some butter beans and peas. I think it went surprisingly well- I was proud of my spread. Kevin was a great help too. We also took a trip down south and blew up a lot of things (the boys did) and hung out with friends. And we didn't go black Friday shopping. A first for me since I was 15 I believe. 

December- Kevin got his 50th DUI arrest for the year, which is awesome. He will get a MADD pin to add to his collection. He also made a first: DUI arrest on a bike. I completed my 2 classes with an A and a B- which I thought was going to be a C..but am super thankful for the Lord working in on that one. 
8 Months of marriage to round out the year. 

I think we have had an amazing start to the rest of our lives. 2013 was pretty great. Here's to hoping for many more memories together!


No comments:

Post a Comment